Gulf Keystone Petroleum recognise the importance of providing a website that is inclusive and available for all user groups. This page explains:
- our approach to making this website accessible, including what we have done and will do in the future;
- the facilities that we have provided for different disability groups;
- guidance on how to use particular features;
- what to do if you have any questions or feedback for us.
We believe the web pages on the site are, as a minimum, in line with all of the priority level 1 criteria of World Wide Web Consortium’s (W3C’s) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines.
Our navigation mechanisms are accessible by screen readers and voice browsers.
Text equivalents of all images have been provided and the relevant page and table header tags inserted.
We have provided the facility to change the font size of the text used on our web pages.
- If you use Mozilla Firefox, scroll the net bar to increase/decrease the text size.
- If you use Microsoft Internet Explorer, go to the View menu, select Text Size and then either Larger or Largest.
- If you use Google Chrome, click on the 3 dots in the upper-right corner of the browser window. Go to Appearance and select the required font size.
- If you use Microsoft Edge, click on the 3 dots in the upper-right corner of the browser window. In the Zoom section, select the + (plus) button to increase the size of text and images and select the – (minus) button to decrease the size.
- If you use Safari, Click on View in the Safari menu bar located at the top of the screen. When the drop-down menu appears, click on the option labelled Zoom In to make all content on the current web page appear bigger. You can also use the keyboard shortcut Command +. To increase the size again, repeat this step.
We have checked the site font and background colour combinations for the different colour-blindness conditions and ensured that items are not referenced by colour alone.
The web pages on the site have been tested for use in keyboard-only operation. When using the forms or controls for the tools, the keys to use are as follows:
- to select from dropdown boxes, use up and down arrow keys;
- To select/unselect a check box, use the space bar;
- To move forward between links, use the tab key;
- To move back between links, use the Shift + tab keys;
- To initiate an action button, use the Enter key when the action button is selected.