Strategy & Vision
Ours is a constant evolution
Gulf Keystone has an excellent track record of demonstrated drilling success in the Kurdistan region of Iraq.
Our success in the region to date is underpinned by the high-calibre team we have in place, long standing relationships on the ground with the Ministry of Natural Resources of the Kurdistan Regional Government and transparency with surrounding communities and businesses in the areas in which we operate.
Our strategy is to move to the large-scale staged development of the Shaikan field. The phased development approach to the implementation of the Shaikan Field Development Plan will enable us to achieve a significant ramp up of production, whilst ensuring the company retains flexibility in financing the development of the giant field and bringing us closer to the goal of fully financing our activities from production cash flows.
Near-Term Company Strategy
- Maintain production and sales from Shaikan production facilities at 40,000 bopd to the Phase 1 production target of 110,000 bopd
- Establish the Company as one of the major independent exploration and production players listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange
- Continue to achieve safe and reliable operations
- Cement the commercial sustainability of the business via a regular payment cycle and a diversified marketing strategy
- Effective stakeholder engagement
- Maintain a strong and highly experienced management team, ably supported by an effective Board